What tha?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2009
Would someone click in the following link and check out my DD at the 1:51 mark, right after the kid that bunts. We've come along way, but check out her follow through, if you can pause the YOUTUBE player at the right time, you will see that her bullybutton is facing out towards the pitcher when she makes contact, but after she hits her torso is actually facing the firstbase dugout. Guys I need some help. To me, she looks fine (for now) all way till she makes contact (she rarely strikes out) but I noticed with my naked eye something always looks funky AFTER she hits. I got her and video and this is whats happening. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

YouTube - TheChance75604's Channel

PS. This youtube channel is a friend of mines page, not mine.

thx

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
What a fun age:)

As soon as she makes contact she's off and running to 1B. The coaches are probably telling her in practice to "run to 1B as soon as she makes contact". Kids at this age often times take things a coach says literally.

My first year in little league, I'm up to bat against a fast pitcher and my dad yells at me to "choke up". So I start coughing/gagging like I'm choking.

May 13, 2008
She is rolling her wrists either at contact or just after and not getting to full extension. This is causing her to slap her back on follow through. I'd have her do some reverse top hand drills along with some top hand/bottom hand isolation drills.

Feb 6, 2009
She's extended before the ball gets to her. If you freeze it, you can see her right elbow is way over 90 degree angle when she makes contact. The ball has not reached her yet she has already swung and made contact. She needs to let the ball get further in to her body then swing.

Tee work helps this. You can have her in her stance and set the ball on the tee in different locations and show her where her contact point should be. In an ideal world, we make contact with the right elbow at as close to 90 degrees as possible (assuming you are batting right handed).

May 7, 2008
DFW
JJ

What starts at the back shoulder should finish at the front shoulder. She has connection and hand path issues. She is taking the hands to the ball and dropping them. Watch her swings. Very seldom does the bat ever come close to the top or above the front shoulder. Always below and striking her in the arm then the back.

Dana.

Dec 29, 2009
Would someone click in the following link and check out my DD at the 1:51 mark, right after the kid that bunts. We've come along way, but check out her follow through, if you can pause the YOUTUBE player at the right time, you will see that her bullybutton is facing out towards the pitcher when she makes contact, but after she hits her torso is actually facing the firstbase dugout. Guys I need some help. To me, she looks fine (for now) all way till she makes contact (she rarely strikes out) but I noticed with my naked eye something always looks funky AFTER she hits. I got her and video and this is whats happening. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

YouTube - TheChance75604's Channel

PS. This youtube channel is a friend of mines page, not mine.

thx

Nice videos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi