what size of bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2019
Generally but not always. A good rule of thumb is that bat should be half your height in inches. If you are 5’ tall, that’s 60” so use a 30” bat. Most travel ball girls have a minimal of 2 bats so a -11 and -10 are good choices for high level 10U and up. We travel around the country and I have rarely seen girls of her age and skill level using -12 bats. My daughter is 5’2 and swings both Easton Ghosts 31” -10. Facing a pitcher with super speed sometimes we still use our Demarini CFX 30” -11 and she has very good results. We warm up with a Demarini Insane 32” -9 but for warmups only. Some older, stronger hitters will use -9 and -8 etc., but those start at 32”. There are D1 softball players who are 5’2” and even 5’4” who are still swinging a 31” -10. I just saw a couple bats in a D1 SEC college dugout which were the 2016 Xeno 31” -10 players model yellow and purple one, which might be the greatest bat ever made.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2013
2nd post calling someone a name, off to a great start here! I would tell you to stay in your lane bro, but another of our top posters here already owns that one. Now, smile and go have a beer. :)

May 12, 2016
A lot of parents look at their DD swinging a heavy bat off the tee or soft toss, and of course they can handle a heavy bat in that situation. But what about a pitched ball with movement, changing in speeds etc? Personally I recommend a light bat, a bat that can be handled. I've seen many girls swinging 31 drop 11 bats hitting balls 200 feet +

May 30, 2019
You make a wise crack reply to my post like a tool and get upset when I respond accordingly. I think you need the beer.. I’ve see your type every weekend. Enjoy the rest of the season Sir. If I could give you advice, I would say either reply with respect or disagree with respect and you will get respect back. Otherwise, just dont reply. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2013
Whatcha drinkin' julray? Since our type is seen every weekend, maybe we can get a consensus on what our type drinks. I didn't get the memo from the last club communique.

May 30, 2019
I have never replied to Julray. So why include him in your type justanotherguy? This forum is for softball inquiries, so please go troll someone else dude. I know you have to have the last word so get it over with so I can ignore you and move on. That’s my memo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying