What makes you lose your mind?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
A delayed dead ball is listed inteh rules as the result of a

No a coach that hugs a player on the field needs to evaluate why they are there. Boundaries between a coach and player are very important, this was a female coach, but it is even more important for a male, especially when it's not your daughter. Even an accusation from a third party can mess up your life. Games are time for the coach to be professional not touchy. There is a time and a place for everything, even if the ump didn't make the call this was not appropriate.

start a new thread already... ya'll are jacking up a good thread :D

Jun 8, 2016
start a new thread already... ya'll are jacking up a good thread :D
geGCkRe.gif

Feb 18, 2014
So that would be a No to the question regarding whether hugging is assisting the runner. Thanks.

I was talking strictly rules of the game and not rules of conduct..if you have issues with your coach being too "handsy" with your kid take it up with her...
That would be a YES...... HANDS OFF...... YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS TOUCHING THEM....... AND IT IS LEGIT OUT.

Feb 18, 2014
So you do think hugging a runner is assisting them. You keep avoiding that question, why? You answer that question and I will leave it alone after that.
The umpire doesn't need to know what you are doing, he doesn't need to know what you are saying. For he knows you are slowing her down to tell her to make sure to touch home, He just needs to know you are doing something you should not, and this is #1 on the list, and it's an easy call for a coach that won't learn.

Jun 8, 2016
The umpire doesn't need to know what you are doing, he doesn't need to know what you are saying. He just needs to know you are doing something you should not, and this is #1 on the list, and it's an easy call for a coach that won't learn.
The rule you quoted previously said assist correct?? Not touch, assist. So what you should not do is ASSIST the runner which is why I was asking the question.

Jun 8, 2016
For he knows you are slowing her down to tell her to make sure to touch home,
LOL..in that case you shouldn't be able to talk to them either. Anyway fair enough. You answered I'll leave it ;)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019
Adding to my list:

Change up straight through the strike zone against the worst hitter on the their team.

Coaches that micro manage every play, so when you're finally quiet or not there, they still don't know what to do. (And yes, this is me at times.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut