What is Tincher pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Love what I've read/seen on this thread in regards to Tincher pitching. DD is 12 and has been pitching for about 2 years now. We have our first lesson coming up this weekend and I'm excited to see what is involved and what adjustments will need to be made and how this next step of the journey will go. We have about a 45 minute commute which is nothing compared to others on here. Just wanted to share that we're about to dive into this process. I'll be sure to check in and share our experiences once we have more time with it.

Just prepare yourself and your daughter (but mostly you) that progress may slow down or halt if there are things to correct. But as you have read here many of us do Tincher and I think we all are positive about it and have seen it work.

Dec 30, 2020
York, PA
Just prepare yourself and your daughter (but mostly you) that progress may slow down or halt if there are things to correct. But as you have read here many of us do Tincher and I think we all are positive about it and have seen it work.
Indeed. Things are about to be changed up big time with current instructors, schedule, new homework and more. I'll be sure to share our process as we dive into it. Hopefully DD takes it in stride and welcome the forthcoming challenges.

Mar 28, 2014
Indeed. Things are about to be changed up big time with current instructors, schedule, new homework and more. I'll be sure to share our process as we dive into it. Hopefully DD takes it in stride and welcome the forthcoming challenges.
she may well take two steps back before taking a step forward. Prepare her for that. Make sure she is not afraid to fail short term in order to improve long term.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
she may well take two steps back before taking a step forward. Prepare her for that. Make sure she is not afraid to fail short term in order to improve long term.

While not through Tincher we went through this with DD. She started seeing her now PC and he re did everything from the ground up. Her pitching actually got worse as she worked to learn the new mechanics. But, it has helped so much. So don’t be discouraged if this happens. It takes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 12, 2018
We're a recent convert to Tincher/IR. DD sees Jen Elko (Mineau) and Leigh Elko at Blackcat Fastpitch. Wonderful place. I'm impressed with both Jen and Leigh for different reasons. Whether its teaching a young girl what it really takes to be successful, the technicalities of the IR approach, strength training, or just feeling good about the game Jen and Leigh have been wonderful for my daughter. Warning though, expensive! If DD is serious about her goals its worth it though IMO.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
We're a recent convert to Tincher/IR. DD sees Jen Elko (Mineau) and Leigh Elko at Blackcat Fastpitch. Wonderful place. I'm impressed with both Jen and Leigh for different reasons. Whether its teaching a young girl what it really takes to be successful, the technicalities of the IR approach, strength training, or just feeling good about the game Jen and Leigh have been wonderful for my daughter. Warning though, expensive! If DD is serious about her goals its worth it though IMO.
You're in great hands!!!!
Consider it an investment, a good one for several reasons.

Nov 22, 2019

My daughter just started going to them this month. They seem to be in high demand.

Jul 14, 2018
My daughter just started going to them this month. They seem to be in high demand.

They are in high demand, getting appointments can be tough but so worth it! DD bounced around with a few coaches before them, and they are the best I’ve been around.

Nov 22, 2019
They are in high demand, getting appointments can be tough but so worth it! DD bounced around with a few coaches before them, and they are the best I’ve been around.

They have my 10-U DD doing some interesting, unusual stuff. It seems like the karate kid version of training for pitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi