What is Tincher pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
We have been with a "tincher instructor" in Atlanta. She is outstanding. We started with her because we knew that anyone associated with Tincher pitching would have a philosophy that emphasized IR and was in line with Hillhouse and others on this Board and what we were observing on TV in high level games.

What part of the city? I'm NW of Atlanta in the 'burbs. The closest one I've found is in Dunwoody.

DD has been working with a Tincher-certified coach for two months, getting ready to make the transition to 12U in the fall. I can't say enough good about her instructor, she's made huge progress in just a short period of time. If you've spent one too many pitching lesson hearing a coach bellow "throw harder" or "show me that elbow," look for someone with the Tincher stamp of approval. You won't be disappointed.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
A recent grad in our area was Pitcher if the Year in our schools division. We'll over a 1000 k's in her high school career. She was a Tincher student. Very good mechanics, speed, and accuracy.

Mar 26, 2013
I drive my 12yo DD 4 hours each way to a Tincher certified instructor here in Texas. I am very happy with results. There are a lot of pitching instructors in East Texas but none that I have found were in her class.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
I would say Tincher pitching is a style and method of pitching. It is not strictly for short girls (my DD is tall for her age and in general). It's emphasis is on being fluid and pitching motions that are natural. His certified instructors come with a lot of knowledge and can identify (and fix) pitching issues. It's interesting to see this thread. It seems to me that more and more coaches are becoming aware of Tincher pitching (and his students). I've seen coaches notice the form of my DD right away and identify her as a Tincher student. I'm a little bit disappointed because I see more and more pitchers from elite teams in our area going to our pitching coach! DD won a Nationals Tournament MVP for her pitching so we must be doing something right!

-Very happy Tincher student parent.

To answer your question about advantages and disadvantages.

Mind you, we started very early once we joined travel ball. So we've only ever used Tincher for pitching lessons. We've been with them going on 4 years now.

Advantages: Great resource. Teach to throw without injury. Builds confidence, holds kids accountable, great teaching and most of all has made my DD effective in the circle. They will also look at the strengths and weaknesses and build a fitness routine for you. They encourage students to take notes as well as the parents. They expect the parents to ask questions. They also hold summits and group practices. It's a whole package. It has worked well for us and we plan to continue with them.

Disadvantages: We travel a ways to see our instructor and it's not cheap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414