What is this???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
At majors nationals in the 1980's saw a team hit 20 consecutive singles twice. They called it swing easy.

Ha, my response was a little tongue in cheek along the same lines of is bunting dead... Anyway, yeah singles all the way once the homers are no longer allowed!

Oct 4, 2018
Line drives and hard grounders. A decent SP hitter can control whether the ball goes into the air or not, and the direction. The guy that can hit it 300ft+ on any swing can also hit one scary looking grounder.

Yup.

I grew up in Over the Line country (San Diego). Not sure if y'all know that game, but you have to place the ball pretty perfectly to be good.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
My last slow pitch contribution LOL

- How To Pitch The Slider - Slow Pitch Softball Pitching School

- How To Pitch The Screwball - Slow Pitch Softball Pitching School

- How To Pitch The Backspin - Slow Pitch Softball Pitching School

- How To Pitch Knuckleball - Slow Pitch Softball Pitching School

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Yup.

I grew up in Over the Line country (San Diego). Not sure if y'all know that game, but you have to place the ball pretty perfectly to be good.

Never played it, but I'm familiar. Old Mission Beach Athletic Club...Fiesta Island...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
At majors nationals in the 1980's saw a team hit 20 consecutive singles twice. They called it swing easy.
Sounds like a running festival...
🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃

Was playing out of calif. Can remember this
men's slow pitch team. I think they were called Steel ( they may have been Texas Steel? )
There was one short player he was six foot. All the other men we're at least 6.5" ( no kidding) Giant muscle men!
Majority of them had fun mustaches with mustache wax.
If remember correctly they were yellow and black uniforms. Old school style from back in the day.

We hung around watching them do batting practic.
No Fielders needed.
They just picked up the balls from outside the home run fence. Literally!

Jun 26, 2019
My dads slow pitch team used to have a guy that this rule was made for. He as a huge freakishly strong guy and could hit the ball anywhere he wanted in or out of the park, all of us kids marveled at how far he could hit the ball but untill we hung around while he hit some batting practice we never realized how good he was at hitting whatever spot on the feild he wanted. He would ask us kids which number on the fence we wanted him to hit and bounce it off the fence. Outfielder with a weak arm? He’s gonna get pretty much all of them.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi