What is this???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2015
Global Sports League
A governing body for slow pitch softball

Designated Home Run Hitter
Player who, without penalty, may hit a homerun every time at bat. Teams must designate their DHH prior to the start of the game. Should the DHH be walked (intentional or not) the next person to hit a home run may do so without penalty until the DHH’s spot comes back up in the lineup.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Uh, you can't hit a home run every time at bat?

At the higher levels of Men's SP softball, most everyone can hit it out. So, there are various rules limiting how many HRs can be hit. For example, a team might be limited by rule to four HRs per game, so they need to count big (men on base). After the limit is reached, a ball that goes over the fence is an out.

Oct 4, 2018
At the higher levels of Men's SP softball, most everyone can hit it out. So, there are various rules limiting how many HRs can be hit. For example, a team might be limited by rule to four HRs per game, so they need to count big (men on base). After the limit is reached, a ball that goes over the fence is an out.

Wow. Interesting.

So you try to hit doubles and triples?

Dec 30, 2018
Reminds me about when I use to play slow pitch. League rule was 3 HR or plus 1 per game. I played with this team for about 4 or 5 years. Then took year off to play basketball. I came back this year and they picked up 2 additional HR hitters.

This season first game of the year I was batting 5th and the wind was blowing out hard. First inning 3 and 4 both go yard. As I walk up to the batters box our coach said hey keep it in the park we only have one more.

First pitch I turned on it and smoked the snot out of it. That was the farthest I ever hit a ball. I walked back to the dugout and said sorry. Coach said no worries we never hit our limit before in the first inning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Wow. Interesting.

So you try to hit doubles and triples?

Line drives and hard grounders. A decent SP hitter can control whether the ball goes into the air or not, and the direction. The guy that can hit it 300ft+ on any swing can also hit one scary looking grounder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802