What is the difference for HS getting ready for college in tournaments? FASA, USSSA etc?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2022
What is the difference for HS getting ready for college in tournaments? FASA, USSSA etc?

Mar 28, 2022
which tournaments are better for 14u-18u softball girls to compete in at a higher level to get ranked and be able to play in college ball. And what is the difference between the tournaments in certain areas

Jun 8, 2016
Tell me what age and area and I will tell you which team to follow on social media to find out what the top teams in your area are playing..scale back from there as necessary 😉

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
https://www.usclubrankings.com/events-considered.html

What state are you in? That might help steer this conversation.

Here's a start. These are the events that the top teams in the country play if you wanna get nationally ranked. If you have to ask the questions, I can tell you are not in the loop and more than likely your team won't be playing these events. You need to get on a team that plays these events.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Houston, tx
https://thealliancefastpitch.com/tfl/schedule/

I am looking at an 18U schedule for this summer. These are the events that the Top Teams will play in. But there are other events that other (see link) teams will play. If you are not on a known team, it might be tough to enter some of these events below.
  • May 21st-Round Robin-local teams
  • May 28-Peppers Round Robin
  • June 10-TCS-TX State-Plano
  • June 18-Texas Gold Cup
  • June 28th-TCS Colorado Fireworks
  • July 7th-TFL Summer Championships-
  • Tier 1 Championship Invite-Indiana

Jul 14, 2018
which tournaments are better for 14u-18u softball girls to compete in at a higher level to get ranked and be able to play in college ball.

Nobody needs to be “ranked” to play college ball. The top tournaments with the best teams are big money makers for the whole travel ecosystem. Unless your kid is a top 5% player, she doesn’t need to go to the tournaments that are listed above. Speaking of which…

If you have to ask the questions, I can tell you are not in the loop and more than likely your team won't be playing these events.

Unfortunately, this is probably true. But your daughter and all of her teammates can play in college if they put in the work and attend camps, reach out to coaches, and play in showcases that their target schools are attending.

Even the Blue Chip studs playing in PGF or TCS Nationals step onto the field having already communicated with the coaches watching them. Third-party “rankings” are basically BS.

Jun 8, 2016
Play a schedule which will challenge your players. Depending on how good your team is that may or may not involve these “highly ranked” tournaments. Being in TX means that for a majority of teams you can fulfill the “challenge” test without ever leaving the state.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32