What is a "DD"?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I have been on this website for some time but I still can't figure out what "DD" OR "DGD" stands for. I know it means daughter that plays softball. I know I"m late haha but can anyone help me better clarify?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Darling Daughter/Granddaughter......What I can't figure out is why I refer to mine this way. It only half fits her. MD (mouthy daughter) comes to mind, but MD is already taken.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
When my 'darling daughter' makes an error, it then becomes 'dang' daughter or even worse.........but I'll let your imagination figure that one out.

Sep 3, 2009
Don't get me started. Had our first game Saturday (LL softball minors 9's and 10's). My daughter is in rightfield and she didn't back up a play to first base like I want them too. I'm coaching and after the play I holler out to her to "make sure you back up the play next time" and she yells back at me "I did!", even though she clearly didn't. I wanted to walk out there that second and drag her off by her ear but I let it go and spoke to her about it later. We still needed her to pitch a couple of innings afterall. =P. DD's...gotta love em more than anything but they'll make you want to pull your hair out (fortunately I have very little of that).

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Don't get me started. Had our first game Saturday (LL softball minors 9's and 10's). My daughter is in rightfield and she didn't back up a play to first base like I want them too. I'm coaching and after the play I holler out to her to "make sure you back up the play next time" and she yells back at me "I did!", even though she clearly didn't. I wanted to walk out there that second and drag her off by her ear but I let it go and spoke to her about it later. We still needed her to pitch a couple of innings afterall. =P. DD's...gotta love em more than anything but they'll make you want to pull your hair out (fortunately I have very little of that).

My dd comments out loud last week when I am throwing live batting practice to the team....."This is not very reallistic, non of our competition pitches as crappy as you do." NICE.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
When on the field being coached by her TB coach it is "Darling Daughter"

When at home, Bishop hit the nail on the head with "Demented Demon"

She is 14

Apr 2, 2010
When on the field being coached by her TB coach it is "Darling Daughter"

When at home, Bishop hit the nail on the head with "Demented Demon"

She is 14

I've got a demented demon too....Mine's 13. We had a conversation a few weeks ago about not treating her mother like the hired help at tournaments. Gotta love puberty....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619