What happen to teaching good spotsmanship?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Nope. Bad sportsmanship does not fix bad sportsmanship. Go out and shake hands. Then go out there and win the next game.

Trust me I am not defending the other coach but having someone do that could set off a coach who is clearly not an adult. I hope his parents talked to their kids and told them
that it's always the thing to do to shake the other teams hands. I also wonder about the coach who vows that he won't do it and that's why I wanted to know how the last runs were scored in order to get his level of adulthood.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
1) yeah, the sportsmanship was lacking - where do you start?? at least the girls didn't spit in their hands when they high fives at the end.
2) why, oh why do they have state tournaments for 9-10 yo? are you freaking serious??? (I know why- there is a buck to be made.)

Jun 12, 2015
1) yeah, the sportsmanship was lacking - where do you start?? at least the girls didn't spit in their hands when they high fives at the end.
2) why, oh why do they have state tournaments for 9-10 yo? are you freaking serious??? (I know why- there is a buck to be made.)

There are state 10U tourneys here. Why not? It's fun. Where do you draw the line? 8U is dumb but 10U is ok? Or is 10U dumb and 12U is ok? Or maybe it's not OK to do state tourneys until 14U? If the teams want to play, who cares.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I have never been a fan of the handshake line.

I have no problem with a congratulatory act, but if someone doesn't, that is fine, too. I'm not going to condemn others just because they do not observe my ritual.

Oct 19, 2009
Friday and Saturday the tournament continued and DD student's team won won all 4 games even played the same team beating them 17 - 6, don't know about the hand shake thing after that game, we were not there.

The game we did see Thursday, the team did let up on stealing home after it was about 8- 0, changed pitchers every inning IMO they were not attempting to run the score up, most runs were walks.

DD student pitched a game Saturday struck out 8 and walked 5 and hit 4 homeruns Saturday over the fence, according to her face book.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1