What does extension look like...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
200w.webp

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The truth is you will get to extension if timing is good. Bad timing and you never get there.

That's not true.

lincecum-curve.gif

Yyi5sXU.0.gif

You are focusing on the 'effect' and not the 'cause'. Most are more concerned with the 'cause'.....

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
If you are late, you will never get to extension. Bottom gif shows a girl that is early, and fails to maintain palm up with top hand, just rolls right over, barrel in the zone and out quick. I enjoy the conversation. Feel free to describe what yall teach at contact and following.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Bottom gif shows a girl that is early
de1_zpstkgku8ty.gif

Hitter timed the pitch but, seemed to swing under ball. Still, got to extension.
fails to maintain palm up with top hand, just rolls right over, barrel in the zone and out quick.
This (bold) has me a little confused 'palm up with top hand, barrel in the zone and out quick. Doesn't sound like how I would picture 'extension'.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
de1_zpstkgku8ty.gif

Hitter timed the pitch but, seemed to swing under ball. Still, got to extension.

This (bold) has me a little confused 'palm up with top hand, barrel in the zone and out quick. Doesn't sound like how I would picture 'extension'.

Correct ... the inhibition of the palm/forearm rolling over ... pronating ... will inhibit extension.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles