What do you think about colleges coaching 14U?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Hmm..other rumored details include: roster of 15-18, 8 travel tournaments only as the Seattle competition is insufficient, and player fees of $3500 to cover coach travel while they scout out of state. Did I mention parents were discouraged from traveling with the team?

Again, just rumors....

That's certainly not the case on my DD team. We have a roster of 11-12. 4-5 travel tournaments and parents are definitely going with them. Her team is 16-18U. The fee is $2500, which covers both coaches' stipend and travel costs, uniforms, 11 tournament fees, practice field, etc. It is a little steep; however, the instruction is great and it's nice to not have a parent coach, which is the more common in this area.

Oct 19, 2009
A major college coaches 14U girls. Some say it is to scout others around the nation. What do you think of this new development? And there are no try outs -it is hand picked.

Sounds like a good opportunity for some talented ball players. Do you have some sort of beef with it?

Oct 19, 2009
That's certainly not the case on my DD team. We have a roster of 11-12. 4-5 travel tournaments and parents are definitely going with them. Her team is 16-18U. The fee is $2500, which covers both coaches' stipend and travel costs, uniforms, 11 tournament fees, practice field, etc. It is a little steep; however, the instruction is great and it's nice to not have a parent coach, which is the more common in this area.

I am confused. Is this 4-5 tournaments or 11?

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Hmm..other rumored details include: roster of 15-18, 8 travel tournaments only as the Seattle competition is insufficient, and player fees of $3500 to cover coach travel while they scout out of state. Did I mention parents were discouraged from traveling with the team?

Again, just rumors....

You have the tournament number pretty close. The rest...not so much.