What do you think about colleges coaching 14U?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2013
A major college coaches 14U girls. Some say it is to scout others around the nation. What do you think of this new development? And there are no try outs -it is hand picked.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
My DD's college coach has a semi pro men's team he coaches in the summer, so I guess it would be possible if no rule violations are broken. Can you say who it is or maybe just an area of a state?

Something tells me there is more to it than he/she is doing this to scout. Seems like a lot of work compared to just plain scouting.

Sep 18, 2011
DD was coached last year (at 13U) by an NCAA Division 2 assistant. He can't coach at the 14U level because the girls have entered high school and not all reside within 50 miles of the college. I am biased but I thought it was great. DD learned more than I ever thought possible. He is an awesome coach and teacher.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
What an excellent opportunity to have great coaching and competition that they might not have had if they didn't say yes to joining up. For the coaches, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I would jump at the opportunity. I'm sure a ncaa coach has forgotten more than I know, so I'll take all the help I can get, to get my dd and team to the next level.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Hmm..other rumored details include: roster of 15-18, 8 travel tournaments only as the Seattle competition is insufficient, and player fees of $3500 to cover coach travel while they scout out of state. Did I mention parents were discouraged from traveling with the team?

Again, just rumors....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55