What are you doing to fix DBSF

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I posted this before. It has/had helped my DD. I has help take the tee swing into the game over time. It helps take the delay or the 'extra' move out before the actual swing.

CommandDrill1.gif

CommandDrill2.gif

Thanks for this post RDB. DD and I have started fooling around with the command drill and this post really explains how beneficial this drill can be.

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks. I'm just passing along the info. Credit goes to someone who I feel has helped me & DD a lot. Hopefully it will help someone else and their DD.

Thanks for putting it all together. Sometimes the tidbits of wisdom come in bits and pieces and need to be compiled so you can see them all at once. Then they click.

I had read mention of the command drill and didn't get the point of it. Now I do.

And thanks to that person that helped you. Pat on the back and a hearty handshake.

Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for putting it all together. Sometimes the tidbits of wisdom come in bits and pieces and need to be compiled so you can see them all at once. Then they click.

I had read mention of the command drill and didn't get the point of it. Now I do.

And thanks to that person that helped you. Pat on the back and a hearty handshake.

It's the person that 99 out of 100 love to bash...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
For the command drill, what is the position you want to be in at go? How much weight still on the backside? I assume it's around toe touch, w/ weight still mostly on back foot? Should the hips be 'beginning to open' so that you're feeling a lot of stretch between hips/shoulders?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
For the command drill, what is the position you want to be in at go? How much weight still on the backside? I assume it's around toe touch, w/ weight still mostly on back foot? Should the hips be 'beginning to open' so that you're feeling a lot of stretch between hips/shoulders?

Need to be in this position (left) at the pause:
CabreraColabelloRearCommand.gif

get into their best loaded launch position....max.....they preset it.....and hold it....and then wait for a go Command from their coach.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks!

Another question for Rdbass or for all - Do you think that the command drill would work well w/ a ball machine? Or could provide a decent solution for the timing issues that ball machines inflict?

The challenge for many DBSF'ers is transferring moves into live settings and the difficulty in rounding up willing pitchers to chart progress. I'm going to get DD to do this drill off tee and then front-toss but might graduate it into pitching machine to help deal with all the stress that comes from the real-life 60 mph pitch.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Do you think that the command drill would work well w/ a ball machine
Never tied it off a pitching machine. I used the drill off of a tee to help transition the Command Drill into her game swing.
Or could provide a decent solution for the timing issues that ball machines inflict?
Pitching machine timing issues I blame on the person/persons 'feeding' the machine. If you(plural you) don't feed with a pitchers motion or if there is any delay in the ball fed into the machine it can/will mess up the hitters timing.
I only front toss to DD. DD's teams seemed to use a machine indoors. I know depending on the person feeding the machine my DD might struggle with her timing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC