What about this bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The old synergy was a beast. Once its fully broke in...look out! Are you having rocketech withdrawals yet?
I just got a new 2013 RT for $200, Im afraid we wont be seeing many more of these. :(

Jan 24, 2009
This is in my opinion the best -9 one piece bat ever.

AGREED! SCN2B is a 2006 model. Yes, they do take a LOT of hits to break in, and yes they are extremely hot once broken in. Yes, they are absolute tanks. These bats are appropriate for cages, TCB's, baseballs, anything...the more hits the better as they seem to only improve.

My kid originally began to swing a 2B in earnest when she was gaming an '04 Rocketech. IMO, the scn2b is a must-have if your kid swings the good Rocketechs ('04/05). Those RT's are in limited supply and I personally like to limit their wear and tear to game action only. The SCN2B is reasonably close with regard to feel, in that it is a -9 that does run heavier than -9. The feel isn't exact by any means, but 'within reason' and closer than other bats (see * below). 2B is excellent for practice and taking thousands of cuts, if your kid is into that. Ours probably has tens of thousands of hits, including thousands of leather baseballs. It remains in amazing condition, without even the slightest piece-of-sand-rattle EVER. Very VERY hot...so much so that DD declared it her gamer this fall and the RT has remained in the closet since.

At my house, our collection of bats (largely pre-abi) is what you would find on any 'best of the best' list. We also have a scant few favorite contemporary (post-abi) bats. That being said, DD's choice is now the SCN2B. I can't argue with the BA she put up in A ball this fall, so she is swinging this absolute bargain of a bat!

Nano, fwiw, my DD is 15, 5'6" and a buck twenty five and uses the 32/23 that weighs 24.34 with a leather grip. To each her own and your mileage may vary! I am just giving my perspective.

Good luck to your DD!
Vdub

*There are also some -8 options that can approximate the weighting feel of the RT. Unfortunately almost all -8's are 33-34" with only a couple of options that I have found in 32" (32/24).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad