What a difference a team can make

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2015
This time last year, I wasn't sure if my oldest would even finish playing out the Spring season. Late in the Fall, she joined a team for their last tournament game and to see if she would maybe be interested in playing for them this Spring.

Since that weekend, not only has she practiced 3-5 days a week but she has formed such a bond with those girls thatshe can't wait for practice and games. She went from being a snarky 12 tear old who slammed doors and threw fits, yelled at me if I tried to help her, and didn't take directio well, to a beautiful 13 year old who smiles while playing the game she truly loves now. She is polite, has more respect for me than she ever has before, and she doesn't get defensive if someone tries to help her, she listens to them and tries out their suggestions.

There is no negativity on her team, they win together, they lose together. No one points a finger at someone elses mistake.

A year ago if you would have told me that my beauty was going to change so much, I would never have believed you. Thank God for great coaches, a great sport, and amazing teammates!

Apr 28, 2014
I love reading this post!!!!
At these kids ages good teammates can make all the difference in the world. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp