Weighted ball throwing program

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
https://www.discussfastpitch.com/ke...iew-decker-weighted-softballs.html#post457202
Bumping this up to the pitching forum. Hoping to get some input from some who may use these or something similar. Does anyone have specific gains over a set time with a weighted ball program? Is anyone interested in doing this program and sharing progression? We have about 12wks till high school ball starts, so this is gonna be part of our winter workouts.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD has never done a weighted ball program, but I know that Coach Mickey Dean at Auburn (formally at JMU) is a big fan. You may want to add his name to a weighted ball Google search to see what you can find.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
We had success with light weight balls paired with a j-band routine.

May 30, 2016
My DD started using a weighted ball system after she had been with her pitching coach for about 2 years. That was part of her warming up, she always was one knee on the ground and never threw the ball hard. She had to throw it with an arch of about 10-15 feet high and was about 20 feet away from the catcher. She would do a rotation that had her throwing about 130 pitches with the weighted balls and always with the rise ball spin. She started using the weighted ball when she was about 12/13 years old and she is strong for age. We have used a lot of pitching coaches and he was the only one that has asked us to use the weighted balls. Did it help? For speed no but spin yes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs