Weekly Routine for Young Pitcher.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2008
You hear all these increasing speed drills, weights, etc...
Does anyone have a weekly routine for a U10 pitcher that she can develop some more speed and also work on getting her core stronger for push offs. Do any training aids work for strength (Spin right trainer, xelerator, spinners)

For her strength training we do medicine ball drills every night.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
It seems a little early for strength training. Have her play fall soccer, winter basketball, long bike rides with hill training if available, go to the pool, work on athleticism, make it fun with a variety of sports. Foremost, I would work on improving her form and let her mature some before strength training.

Apr 30, 2011
Portland, Or
Make sure she is an athlete - cross train, play hard. If you want to do something a little more regimented I would say core work. Planks are great, take very little space and no equipment.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
At 10U I would spend most of the time on speed and agility. Focus on making her an athlete first and a pitcher second. Once she matures a bit and becomes an athlete then make her a strong athlete. As for picking up pitching speed, assuming proper mechanics long toss is by far your most productive use of time. My DD regularly pitches from center field. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06