WE need more female coaches~

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Much like the comments made here, this topic is open for all members to respond to. Whoever decides to post on this topic does so just as whoever applies for a position, volunteers to coach, ... do in society. I do give the young lady credit. I also suggest that the topic isn't as simple as she seemed to make it in the article.
Just to add
I do not think the article was indicating it is as simple as the perspective she offered. She certainly could have expounded many directions about this. However was simply explaining the couple perspectives she encountered and a bit of history involving the topic.

Jun 8, 2016
Just to add
I do not think the article was indicating it is as simple as the one perspective she offered. She certainly could have expounded many directions about this.
You can tell her that a barely literate Engineering professor said that she did a really nice job writing that.. ;)

radness

Dec 13, 2019
opportunity to coach. BTW, if so, why didn't the author's mom start her own program at that young age?
The rec ball scenario was a mom and other dads on the field helping as parents do.
A dad from off the field approached only the female volunteer to question what she was doing and kinda get in her face sorta thing.
Not to the males.

(this could have nothing to do with gendor?)
However gendor played a role because the male didnt approach the other males.
He went and only confronted the female.

This is what the young person saw heard and achknowledged was peculiar.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Like to add
Think its really a good thing people here of all types/styles
can share perspectives without tearing apart others or the shared viewpoints.
Thank you for that!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

Interesting article. Typically when seeing something like this, my mind goes towards the diversity of the applicants. For example, I manage a fleet of 300 truck drivers. Our driving staff is approximately 2% female. Is that because we are sexist in our hiring practices? Absolutely not. Only 2% of our applicants are female... I realize truck driving is an extreme example...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I hope that my posts aren't taken as being critical of the young lady. In fact, I admire her and her ability to take a step like this.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Interesting article. Typically when seeing something like this, my mind goes towards the diversity of the applicants. For example, I manage a fleet of 300 truck drivers. Our driving staff is approximately 2% female. Is that because we are sexist in our hiring practices? Absolutely not. Only 2% of our applicants are female... I realize truck driving is an extreme example...
Great observation and feedback to point that out!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar