Wanting to buy an SCN4B 30 or 31 inch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2010
Alabama
Just joined this site but have reading and learning the posts on here for awhile now. Love the videos on hitting! I've shown several of these to my daughter and have tried some of the training techniques as well.
I'm not sure if this is the right area so if I'm posting in the wrong place please let me know where to go. I'm looking for a 30 or 31" SCN4B for my daughter. She has been swinging a 30/18 Halo light and a 29/19 8B but it's time to move up. Please let me know if you have anything.

Thanks,
Riley

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Good luck finding one that you don't need a mortgage to fund it. Just my opinion, but be careful, the 30/20 might be ok, but going to a 31/21 from 18 or 19 oz is a huge jump.

Jun 9, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for the heads up. You're right about the price. I know this is a bad time of year to be looking so I may wait until Nov or Dec and try to find a better deal. If I can get a 30 she can use it for the next couple of years. If I can get a good deal on a 31 I'll hold it for a year or so! I just bought the new stealth and synergy speed in a 30" but it seems heavier than other 30" bats. She also has a Virus 30/20 and a 30/21 '05 RT. I think the new Eastons actually weigh an ounce or two heavier than listed. I guess the sticker is the "swing weight" not actual weight.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Riley, you know my dd can't swing her synergy extended as nearly as fast as her halo light that is suppose to be .5 oz lighter. I think when she moves up,(may be not for another year), or breaks one (she broke a virus early this season), we are going to get a CF4. I saw a store this weekend that had the pink "hope" ones on sale for $249. but all four were 33/23.

Jun 9, 2010
Alabama
Let me know how that CF4 hits !! I've heard nothing but good things about it. We've been pretty happy so far with the Eastons and the halo lite but a few of the girls swing Demarinis and love them.

Still not sure what to do about the 4b. I think I'll just keep window shopping and be patient. I'll find a good deal soon enough! PS: Friend of mine found a 31/21 6b at a yard sale for $4 !!!

Jun 16, 2010
CF4 is a good bat but my DD but i have heard nothing but great things about the scn4b... I just bought a NIW for $299 this week.. Should hit with it this weekend or next week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA