Vendetta vs x-12

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I think she has been in a growth spurt since the day she was born. We usually have to buy two pairs of cleats per a season.

Jun 19, 2016
First, realize four things. #1 The Vendetta is a middle of the road composite bat performance-wise. #2 You will probably be buying a new bat about every year and sometimes sooner as she hits her growth spurts. #3 You want her swinging the longest heaviest bat she can as long as her swing mechanics don't break down and she maintains her bat speed. #4 You want to try and get her into a -10 bat as soon as possible. This means that if you have to keep the same length and go up an ounce in weight, do it as long as point #3 is followed. The more mass behind the contact point of the swing/ball, the further it goes given the same swing speed and mechanics. At this point, if your DD likes the feel of the Demarini bats, stay with those. Otherwise, move on.
I guess I did the exact opposite of your advice, but not intentionally. DD FS300 28/17 was pretty much toast, so I grabbed at 29/17 I had sitting in the garage and let her use it for her hitting lesson. She did pretty well. Her hitting instructor said she handled the bat well. Although I did go up in length one inch and dropped her to a minus -12 vs the -11, I anticipate that it will be a short stop. I really didn't have a choice because I didn't want to buy another 28/17 bat. The good news is Easton has another one on the way. It should be here tomorrow. I have to give them credit on the speedy warranty service.

As far as future bat I am still undecided. It doesn't seem a 29/17 will be necessary. I am going to let her use this 29/17 FS400 Aluminum bat for a little while. I am sure she will beat it up soon and it will be time for a 29/18 CF9 or LXT. DD seemed to prefer the LXT because of its "Cadillac Feel"...no hand sting, but I am concerned about the extra weight the 2017 version has seemed to put on. The CF9 -11 seems to be the choice of younger players, but I am not sure if that is because if it's lighter weight. I can day this, the LXT didn't swing heavy to me but than again I am not an 8 year old.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think she has been in a growth spurt since the day she was born. We usually have to buy two pairs of cleats per a season.

Sounds like a typical pace. We have finally gotten to the point where my DD is wearing out cleats rather than out-growing them. She is currently wearing a men's 8.5 cleat. She's 12yo, and 5'-3". I hope she grows into her puppy-feet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors