USSSA tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
In a USSSA 14U tournament (using regulation USSSA rules), if I have 10 girls, can I bat all 10 using an AP? If I use an AP and one of the other players gets injured, is an out recorded when the injured player's spot in the lineup comes up?

Mar 1, 2013
Yes, it's an out if there are no available subs and the player leaves for any reason (other than an ejection - then the game cannot continue). You also have no bench players for a courtesy runner if needed.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
In a USSSA 14U tournament (using regulation USSSA rules), if I have 10 girls, can I bat all 10 using an AP? If I use an AP and one of the other players gets injured, is an out recorded when the injured player's spot in the lineup comes up?

No. Listed in most states "clarifications" or in tournament rules (including Illinois), you don't get an out if you are batting more than 9 and a player is injured. You will be giving an out if you fall below 9 in the line up.

An explanation from one particular tourney:
Batter: If a batter cannot fulfill her time at bat due to injury or illness, that player will be eliminated from that entire game. Her spot will be skipped in the batting order. Teams will not be required to take an automatic out UNTIL they drop below 9 players.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32