Updated hitting for my 8U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2013
USA
Two different bats, one is a 31" 21oz Miken Triad, the other is a Demarini CF5 31" 21oz.

[video=youtube_share;Y8CtByIE7tg]http://youtu.be/Y8CtByIE7tg[/video]

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
From the front, I see the hands outside the elbows at set up. This will cause a circular swing.
I set the girls up where if they take the top hand off the bat and move it forward, they would punch their front arm bicep.
This set up move the hands quite abit closer to the face.

Straightleg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Casey out to toe touch just before launching her swing.jpg
If you take the top hand off the bat and slide it forward, it would hit her front arm bicep...Hands are inside the elbows.This is at toe touch and not set up....

Will try to find some better ones, closer to set up

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
casey 2014 tournament troy ohio 148.jpg
Here is a better one at set up.Hands inside elbows
If she took her top hand off the bat, and slid it forward, it would hit her front bicep

SL

May 10, 2013
USA
I'm really working on it, after the season is over after next weekends game, I'm gonna try to make some changes. Don't wanna throw her off.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I'm really working on it, after the season is over after next weekends game, I'm gonna try to make some changes. Don't wanna throw her off.
With an 8U, I would teach the difference between really squaring the ball vs cutting across, over, under and around. And then I'd ask her to keep score. Throw a lot of bp and let her teach herself...

May 10, 2013
USA
She likes the CF5 better, I think she hits the Triad better.

We get a lot of BP in. When the weather is good we get 4 buckets (29 balls bucket) in. I know it sounds like a lot but she loves doing it, daddy and daughter time she calls it. She got two in today before game, hope she gets two in before tomorrows game. We always start with throwing and catching, then we hit, then we end with some running and fly balls. Not to many ground balls cause with just a big grass field don't get a true roll for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1