Update on Coach's daughter thread from last week...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 16, 2009
With the help of this board and also, the advice of her pitching coach, my daughter came out and pitched great this weekend.

We were playing in the Tri Cities Ice Breaker tournament this past weekend and my #2 got drilled in the throwing hand trying to protect herself on a line drive. I went out to the mound and helped my pitcher off and pointed at my daughter who was in left field. She came in with the bases loaded and 2 outs in a tie game and threw 2 strikes right on the inside corner of the plate. The second resulted in a routine fly ball to CF.

She then proceeded to pitch 3 innings with no walks and 1 hit batter. She gave up 1 run and 3 hits and had 3 strikeouts. Control was not an issue at all. The team we were facing had just hit my #2 HARD for 4 runs. In the end, we lost the game by 1 but I couldn't be more proud of my daughter.

I went over all the suggestions in the thread with her and also had her pitching coach have a "sit down" with her. What came out of the sit down was interesting. Her biggest fear was the opponent hitting the ball hard and embarrassing her. Her coach told her -- you will not come out until you pitch 4 straight walks and to just put the ball in play.

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes