Under Armour mitts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2015
Anyone have experience with UA mitts? I'm not sure if they're new on the market but I can't find much info about them. I found two models at the local shop. The salesman says they're based off the All-Star CMW 3000 and 4000.

My 10 year old has taken a liking to the UACMW-200.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
They're new. How do they look?

Being that UA's catcher gear is re-branded All-Star stuff, it makes sense that UA would do the same with mitts.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
Wow, they didn't even change the model number very much. At least they picked a good Mitt to re-brand. Too Funny.

Aug 16, 2015
They're new. How do they look?

Being that UA's catcher gear is re-branded All-Star stuff, it makes sense that UA would do the same with mitts.

They didn't have a comparable All-Star to judge against,but to my novice eye they seemed pretty nice.

The 33.5" pattern felt considerably less bulky than a 34" Liberty Advanced. More than the claimed 1/2" difference between the two.

The only other high end mitt we saw was a Nokona. Knowing what they cost, I didn't even hand it to my daughter to try on.

The UA felt good on her hand. Other than the GXS101 she is currently using,its the only mitt she has tried on that she really had anything positive to say about.

UA pricing is interesting. If they're truly a re-branded All-Star,you're paying an additional $30 or so for the UA badge.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
They didn't have a comparable All-Star to judge against,but to my novice eye they seemed pretty nice.

The 33.5" pattern felt considerably less bulky than a 34" Liberty Advanced. More than the claimed 1/2" difference between the two.

The only other high end mitt we saw was a Nokona. Knowing what they cost, I didn't even hand it to my daughter to try on.

The UA felt good on her hand. Other than the GXS101 she is currently using,its the only mitt she has tried on that she really had anything positive to say about.

UA pricing is interesting. If they're truly a re-branded All-Star,you're paying an additional $30 or so for the UA badge.

Hmmm....The 33.5" mitt under the All-Star name is the CMW3000, which is a different shape than what I'm seeing of the UA mitt here...2016 Under Armour Deception Series Fastpitch Catchers Mitt: UACMW-200A

This looks more like a CMW4000 shape, but the 4000 is 33".

As for pricing, it doesn't surprise me. UA upcharges for the catcher's gear, too.

Aug 16, 2015
I went with the UA this morning. She'll open it for her birthday in a few minutes. Surprisingly the local store was less expensive than anywhere on-line, and they offer a 10% discount to travel ball families.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516