UA Softball Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2013
Has anyone attended the University of Alabama summer softball camp? Just wondering how it was. I think my DD would like it but just wanted to make sure it was worth it.

Oct 19, 2009
DD attended the camp for 3 years and she loved going if you DD loves softball she should enjoy the experience. It is hot and with long days they start at about 8 AM and go until around 6 PM or later. The first few days is instruction which I believe you DD can come away with some good info for the future. Then they divide into teams and play games against each other , each team gets the opportunity to play in the stadium.

They usually take a trip to the Creamery and one of the malls. DD made a lot of friends which she sometimes sees them on the ball fields during the summer. We're from Georgia and she roomed with a girl from Texas the last time she attended.

Jan 8, 2013
Thats cool, she wanted to go last year but I found out about it too late. I may just have to plan on her going this year. Sounds like she would learn a lot and have fun.

Jan 8, 2013
Hey Peppers, how old is your DD? Mine is 11 soon to be 12 ... would you think it would be ok for her to stay on campus in the dorms?

Sep 2, 2012
DD went last year. Absolutely loved it.
EXCELLENT Camp, very very well ran, Players and Coaches genuine in the passion for the Game. Yes you can let your DD stay in dorms with no worries. ABSOLUTE best camp we've ever been to bar none. Miss Kate is Coordinator, absolute pleasure to work with.
If your DD isn't used to AL heat and humidity make sure you enlighten her on how to stay hydrated, fluids are readily available.

Jan 8, 2013
Cool, the dorm thing is what worried me the most. She is use to the heat, we live in southern middle Tennessee.

Apr 1, 2010
Hey Peppers, how old is your DD? Mine is 11 soon to be 12 ... would you think it would be ok for her to stay on campus in the dorms?

My daughter was 11 going on 12 the first time she went to a college summer camp (Missouri, though, not Alabama) and stayed in the dorms. She had a wonderful time!

Jan 29, 2012
Has anyone attended the University of Alabama summer softball camp? Just wondering how it was. I think my DD would like it but just wanted to make sure it was worth it.

Just be prepared for about 400 girls to be attending if your daughter is less than 14 so it's more about the "being away from home" and the interaction with the coaches than it is the actual amount of instruction that is given.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd