U10 players playing U14!!!!?????!!!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2015
I wouldn't allow a team to form that way. Sounds like you have the power to squash it and that's what I'd do. That is to big of a gap at this age. Keep the girls in their age group and let the parent find another solution for their girl. Don't feel bad, these are tough decisions leaders make for the group rather than an individual.

Mar 21, 2013
I wouldn't allow a team to form that way. Sounds like you have the power to squash it and that's what I'd do. That is to big of a gap at this age. Keep the girls in their age group and let the parent find another solution for their girl. Don't feel bad, these are tough decisions leaders make for the group rather than an individual.

Probably the right idea if it's not too late. Meaning that it's late in the game for most leagues, and you have already made a commitment to these girls. If you do this you should try to be sure those girls who won't have a team have another place to play. The league screwed up here, but the girls will be paying the price if they don't get to play.

Sep 27, 2012
One thing to consider is the safety of the players. 9 and 10 years old playing against 13 and 14 year old players could be a safety factor for some. How are the players skills and reflexes? How good are the 14U teams they may face? I thought it was a pretty significant jump from 10U to 12U, another step from 12U to 14U. Can't even imagine my daughter's old team from 10U playing against any of the teams she now faces at 14U.

Additional side question is do they have a pitcher? 10U throws at 35 feet, 12U 40 feet, 14U 43 feet. Pretty big difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207