Two slow motion college HR swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
MTS, are you asking me? For the record, I haven't been able to see some of the top players with the exception of the College World Series and I don't tape that. I'd say that if there are any, it would be few but I don't state that there aren't any because I haven't seen them all. Maggie Viefhaus had one of the best swings I saw in FP when she was growing up. Katie Cochran (sp?) had a great swing and she grew up studying Ted Williams. Again, when some say that half of the players in MLB don't have a MLB swing, it might be something that is so rare that it isn't attainable for mere mortals and FP players. :cool:;):cool:

Edited to add:

MTS, what do you think? If you state that there are none, then would it make sense to declare that there are two swings with one being softball and the other baseball. Would it then be reasonable to purge all discussion of the MLB swing from this site? Ok so I'm getting carried away some. LOL!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2010
Cannonball,

I would venture to say there are numerous ladies with high level mechanics but like you I haven't seen video of them. Unfortunately we don't have MLB.com where u can get video of just about every swing. I've seen some horrible looking swings by the elite of baseball just like what we see in softball. It will be interesting to see the swings in softball for the next decade, I have a feeling they are going to be great because the coaching has gotten so good.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2emogef.jpg

Charlotte Morgan.
9bf4tj.jpg

They were talking about Cassie Reilly Boccia in the vid too. Here is an article I read in the newspaper when we were at UNI watching Alabama play. She is doing her grad program at UNI....her thesis is on softball hitting!
Former Bama star finishing grad work at UNI : Uni

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
RHC, nice gifs, top one you can really see her coil, and stretch. Look at her jersey in this pic, the folds of her front really stretched out. In the bottom gif, can u describe her hands in the first couple of frames?

AtlantaHitDoc

Coaching and Loving it!
Dec 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
RHC is correct about UGA being "fans of Dr. Yeager." I talked to Lu after the game (Doc wanted me to tell her hello) and she told me that she credits their work with Yeager starting in the winter of 2009/2010 as the reason they got to the WCWS in 2010. I wasn't going to bring it up as I didn't want to start a hitting philosophy debate, but I know it to be a fact.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
RHC, nice gifs, top one you can really see her coil, and stretch. Look at her jersey in this pic, the folds of her front really stretched out. In the bottom gif, can u describe her hands in the first couple of frames?

A nice view of her barrel launched rearward at go. Before the blur, you can see the beginning of her hand swivel, arcing the barrel behind.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I have said before that I have a $20 if anyone can get better video of Eisterhold.
aub_elizabeth_eisterhold.jpg

2zzp7wx.jpg

Her barrell launched rearward per all the great hitting guru's on this site. Watch the back foot. Did her weight transfer fully for max. power???
Got to get the hips into it for Max power. Before the turn....Thats the part where you turn the box and the hips move and the back foot comes off the ground.....Before launch... See ya the ball is gone

Is it only barrell turn? YES... I say this is more upper body swing. Turn it!!!
But it is a girl swinging and I like it, verses an mlb swing

SL

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
Her barrell launched rearward per all the great hitting guru's on this site. Watch the back foot. Did her weight transfer fully for max. power???
Got to get the hips into it for Max power.

Is it only barrell turn? YES... I say this is more upper body swing. Turn it!!!
But it is a girl swinging and I like it, verses an mlb swing

SL

She got some pretty good hip thrust (shift) into it. She did leave a little on the table, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207