Turf is killing shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Des

Nov 1, 2014
Long time lurker

My 9u DD is tearing up her running type shoes in 45 to 60 days from the dang Turf
Does anyone have suggestions of a type/brand of shoe that withstands the torture these young ladies put on their shoes while in the indoor facilities?

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
I buy the cheapest sneakers that I can find for my daughter's indoor pitching lessons because the toe drag kills them fast. I found the more expensive sneakers, like Nike etc. do not slide like the cheapies and mess up her stride. I usually order the $15 ones off Academy.com and they will last about 4-6 weeks. My daughter just turned 11 and still in youth and her foot is growing fast which is another reason I go for the cheapest I can find.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I buy the cheapest sneakers that I can find for my daughter's indoor pitching lessons because the toe drag kills them fast. I found the more expensive sneakers, like Nike etc. do not slide like the cheapies and mess up her stride. I usually order the $15 ones off Academy.com and they will last about 4-6 weeks. My daughter just turned 11 and still in youth and her foot is growing fast which is another reason I go for the cheapest I can find.

While her foot is still growing buying the cheapest tennis shoes you can find is probably a good option. You could also try glue-on molded toe guards that would prolong the life of the shoes. Once her foot stops growing invest in a pair of Ringor Turf Shoes with the pitching toe. My DD has had the same pair for 3 years now and they still look great (only wears them for pitching lessons and indoor practices).

Oct 22, 2009
I buy $9-$11 Wal-Mart cheapies, and once I get a hole, a little duct tape and I get about 6 months altogether. Some of my students do the same and they have quite the colorful duct tapes now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug