Tube video I ran across

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

The way she uses her lower body to create an inside lane for the hands....Slaught talks about skipping a rock....if you try and skip a rock - pay attention to your lower body when you really spin one....Slaught also talks about the body creating space for the hands to work....IMO Bush does this well....

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
At first glance, what really impresses me is how much separation she get with her hands while she takes her stride, almost like pulling back on a rubber band which prepares her for launching the hands.

One interesting thing she does is she keeps her head down on the ball, but I have seen many here say that the head and eyes should be looking forward. Seems to me that she is tracking the ball all the way to POC?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
What about the upper body. The arm positions... that lead elbow? His back tricep? nailed to his rib cage coming into the swing? Things I'm looking at to work with DD on. I clearly see your refernce to the footwork not looking good. Are they maybe trying to focus only on the upper body portion throughout this video?

The upper body is a bit of a mess as well. Out of sync and connected prematurely.

Oct 25, 2009
I like the way she controls toe touch. The ball is obviously coming fast but she doesn't come to toe touch until the last instant, while the hands are staying in launch position. Tracking the ball all the way to contact makes sense to me if possible. What I don't like to see is batters whipping their heads around to see the ball go in the mitt.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Ty ffs. I will stay away from the Epstein videos.

I'm not so sure you were seeing the finished product ... but to the extent you believe you were, then use the Hanson Principle as your guide.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)
Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson