Tryouts for anyone this time of year? Coming up January?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
I think it's coming here (the eventual shrinkage) - her team collapsed, and all the July tryout teams are now adding more tryout dates in August, and my DD (not a pitcher) got offers / call backs for all the teams she tried out for - even orgs which would normally be a "stretch" for her. Every pitcher she knows got offers on the spot for every team, and virtually every team is still asking for pitchers.
More new teams in our area this tryout season. Doesn't seem to be any end in sight...yet every team needs players. I have seen multiple people post that their team is going into the season with 1 pitcher and will try to get guests. It's nuts, I just don't get it.

Jun 8, 2016
Plenty of tryouts and movement around here but by 16’s anybody any good gets secured via phone calls and the occasional NIL deal 😂

May 13, 2023
More new teams in our area this tryout season. Doesn't seem to be any end in sight...yet every team needs players.

I have seen multiple people post that their team is going into the season with 1 pitcher and will try to get guests. It's nuts, I just don't get it.
That right there 'is nutty'. Starting off knowingly being unprepared.

That example is one of those things that seperates the crowd from people who dont recognize how disastrous that can turn out...
From people who wouldn't begin to create a game schedule unless they had an appropriate roster.

Do recognize that sometimes school ball has that situation. Still that is unfortunate when it does. And is different than being able to control When the Game season starts like travel ball.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles