True bat weight vs. sticker weight.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Man, certain people are so defensive...love it.

Continue believing sir.

Core, you seem to know your other bats pretty well, but its OK to admit that you slept through the session on the Anderson Bat Company when you were in bat school. You can supplement your knowledge base with a little searching of the forums here on DFP or over at SBF.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core, you seem to know your other bats pretty well, but its OK to admit that you slept through the session on the Anderson Bat Company when you were in bat school. You can supplement your knowledge base with a little searching of the forums here on DFP or over at SBF.

You can drink the Anderson koolaid as much as you want. I have been involved in the bat manufacturing process (no, not Anderson). But i will guarantee I am pretty knowledgeable about bats/processes and how to hit, and I dont need to read forums on softball boards to gain my knowledge.
Wow, softballfans...thats awesome...didnt know that was a claim to fame to be on a site that anybody on the planet can join. With that said, I was there over 10 years already and btw, why dont you do a search on hitting videos over there and then sit back and think about the quality of info you want to take from everybody that posts...haha. Not saying there arent good people and info, but lets not go crazy. That place is also a shell of what it used to be many years ago.

If you want to continue trying to insult me because I (and many others) dont follow some of the Anderson marketing, go right ahead. I havent said one thing in this thread personally about you and will not. If you feel thats how you need to speak to make a point...have at it.

I also know how sensitive some are about Anderson, which is why I wont go into arguing because nothing will come of it...haha. Everybody has their thoughts and opinions.

But I am by no means against talking bats one bit and do it a lot during the day. I dont get on here much during the day as I only pop in and out so I avoid lengthy convos on here. I am more than open to talk on the phone or PM.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
You can drink the Anderson koolaid as much as you want. I have been involved in the bat manufacturing process (no, not Anderson). But i will guarantee I am pretty knowledgeable about bats/processes and how to hit, and I dont need to read forums on softball boards to gain my knowledge.
Wow, softballfans...thats awesome...didnt know that was a claim to fame to be on a site that anybody on the planet can join. With that said, I was there over 10 years already and btw, why dont you do a search on hitting videos over there and then sit back and think about the quality of info you want to take from everybody that posts...haha. Not saying there arent good people and info, but lets not go crazy. That place is also a shell of what it used to be many years ago.

If you want to continue trying to insult me because I (and many others) dont follow some of the Anderson marketing, go right ahead. I havent said one thing in this thread personally about you and will not. If you feel thats how you need to speak to make a point...have at it.

I also know how sensitive some are about Anderson, which is why I wont go into arguing because nothing will come of it...haha. Everybody has their thoughts and opinions.

But I am by no means against talking bats one bit and do it a lot during the day. I dont get on here much during the day as I only pop in and out so I avoid lengthy convos on here. I am more than open to talk on the phone or PM.

Don't get me wrong Core, I don't think very highly of SBF and agree that most of what myself and the general public hears/knows about today's bats and the bat manufacturing process is a function of marketing propaganda. That said, Steven Anderson (aka Tumblebug on SBF) provided remarkable insights in the SBF Anderson forum into the the development and evolution of Anderson bats from a technical/scientific/engineering perspective, including how/why Anderson used a weighted knob and the related concept of actual v. swing weight. IMO, its largely because he wasn't as effective a marketer/businessman as a bat designeer that he's no longer with the company he founded and the current version of the Anderson Bat Company probably won't be around much longer. I won't argue today's metal v. composite bat performance, but that might be different if there's a shift toward using lower compression balls in the future.

My apologies as no personal insult was intended; I'd expect you (or anyone else here on DFP) to call me out if you felt I was providing bad information/poor advice about something you believed to be factual or true. PM me anytime if you want to discuss Andersons, but I'll admit to knowing only the marketing spiel about other bats.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its all good bro...no harm no foul. I appreciate you accepting the PM Convo. I enjoy talking bats and hearing other people's ideas and seeing what they feel about a side that doesn't represent their side.

BTW, in SP they already dropped to lower ball standards in ASA and USSSA than what they were...but the bats are hotter and perform as good or better.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff