Travel Programs in No. Virginia

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2012
So it looks like my family will be moving to northern Virginia in a month or two. Specifically near Reston or Fairfax. My DD's only concern was is there softball there? While I assured that yes they have softball there, I was wondering about any suggestions for organizations, teams and hitting coaches?

My DD is almost 12 (a late 2000). She's a slapper that has played 2B & OF.

Thanks for any help, and reassurance to her that fastpitch does exist up there!

Apr 6, 2012
There are many programs up there. While I don't know all of them, some of the more well known ones are Shamrocks, Vienna Stars, Reston Redbirds, Virginia Glory, Baseliners, and I know there are more. I know the Reston Redbirds organization head and he is a very good guy. Private message me if you want his phone.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
There is plenty of softball at all levels. If you have questions about a specific league or program PM me and I will tell you what I know. Tryouts for travel / tournament teams is wrapping up now but teams are often looking to pick up players in the fall / winter as things settle out.

Here are some webpages with links to many programs in NoVa:
Links
FYFA | Fairfax Youth Fastpitch Association

Jan 23, 2011
Vienna, VA
Other posters have you on the right path for teams. I recommend Diamond Sports Training for hitting instruction. We have been going there for five years now. Large indoor facility in nearby Sterling with several good instructors. PM me if you want specific names.

Diamond Sports Training

Mar 8, 2012
Thanks everyone. I'm still figuring everything out with the transition, but I'll be contacting those who offered to help soon.

Can't believe it was only a week ago that I was happy and perfectly content with where we are at.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My brother just moved from the east coast to the Indy area a couple days. Both his DDs really enjoy softball and are pretty good. 1 is entering MS, the other HS.

His plan is to let his DDs network at school to find a Team/ Organization then go from there. Short-term he thinks it is more important for them to get used to the move, softball is secondary right now but it is a great way to meet girls their age.

Good luck with your move, I am sure it will work out great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06