Trading pins for Nationals...how many?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Our 14U did pins last year and it was a bust as most didn't trade them all. We usually go with 15 pins each and that becomes a bit of a challenge.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Didn't see anyone trading pins at ASA 14U Nationals last summer during opening ceremonies. More of a 12U and below trend. DDs are still in a ziplock bag from her younger days at USFA World Series.

I agree with this....12U and under pin trading is popular. 14U it is a crap shoot, and 16U it is non-existent.

Mar 21, 2013
Since you have time my suggestion is to design or go with a nicer pin and a smaller number per girl. Believe me word gets out when you have a nicer pin, and it says a lot about who you are. Our league waited until the last minute and got a generic type pin. We were all disappointed, and a bit embarrassed to say the least. The girls want something cool, and many girls at states did not want to trade with us because our pins were for lack of a better term cheesy. So for nationals we knew we had to do something. So our team moms had towels and water bottles made. We attached the pin to the towel, then rolled it up and put it in a water bottle. Needless to say it saved the day!

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01