TPS Catalyst weird sound

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2012
I bought my daughter a TPS Catalyst fp12c (dark blue/white) used from an auction site. Bat is 31/21 and looks brand new. The bat ended up being too heavy for her. My oldest daughter used to have the baby blue version and liked it. I let her take batting practice with this one and it had a totally different sound. Sounded almost like a loud metallic sound and had slightly more vibration than the earlier model. Someone told me this is normal for this bat. Anyone have any experience with it? Distance seemed fine. I was gonna trade it or sell it but not gonna bother if something is wrong with it.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't know that year of the bat, but they are not the same bat as the old yellow one and the old blue one. I buy and give away those bats, several times a year and use the old yellow one as my gamer.

Jul 14, 2010
Normal for that bat. DD #2 (11 yo) has a newer Catalyst and it makes the "pinging" sound at contact similar to the Xeno. Another player on her team also has one and it makes the same sound.

Jun 12, 2012
Got it. Thanks for the replies. Yeah Amy the yellow and light blue TPS bats are very underrated.

Mar 29, 2012
normal, the catty has the internal goveners like the xeno. the litle metal disks are what make the glass breaking sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45