tps blue catalyst on ebay???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2011
are these good bats? there is a brand new still in wrapper blue catalyst is this really a rare find? Are they better than 2012 bats?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I swing the yellow one, 32 inches and 22 ounces. The funny thing is my student, this morning left her Anderson RT at the ball park - so she brought her friend's bat. The blue Cat, 32 inches and 22 ounces. It is an excellent composite. Once they are broken in, they are really hot. It took me awhile to break mine in, as I only coach, but when it did, the difference was so dynamic that I thought that I had broken my bat.

I am wondering about the price. I will look on Ebay and see if I can find it. One draw back is that you probably wouldn't have a warranty. I wouldn't pay over $125.00 for it, because I know that I can get a Demarini Hope 4 for $169.00, with a guarantee.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
More info. My bat is a FPC205. And it is old. I was thinking that you meant the robin egg blue bat, that came out the next year. I can't find the model number. But, you may be talking about a 2011 bat. ??

Feb 24, 2011
Its the 2007 model FP71C guy started auction at 125.00. Its still in the wrapper. how would the pop compare to a new bat like the xeno or cf5?

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
I bought one for my DD new in 2008 when the new one (orange?) came out. I got a good deal on it so I took her to swing it. She loved how it felt, so I bought it. She used it for about 6 months and quit using it. I was using it to hit infield/outfield and IMO it has a very small sweet spot. Off center hits were dead. Again, IMO, there may be a good reason why they are rare. I saw hers the other day, propped up in the corner in her bedroom. Her Demarini Phenix that I bought to replace it, is still in her bat bag. It's a little small for her now, but she will still use it on occasion.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
TigerDad, Yes. That is the hot bat. The sweet spot is great. But, as much as I like those bats, I am not going to pay $125.00. for it. If it breaks, you don't have a warranty. The one that the girl was using this AM, was $50.00 (used.) Go ahead and get the CF5 or XENO. This is a case of you get what you pay for. And either of those bats will bring you a little bit, in resale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd