Tournament Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2015
Apparently, we've been in the dark about this: DD needs to practice with tournament balls? I understand they're expensive. Any good suggestions as to where to get them?

Thank you!

Jun 16, 2015
No idea, just told that she's not practicing with the right balls for pitching. She tells me they're "sharper?" Does that make sense? She plays 14U travel. New team we are BEYOND excited to be a part of. Last year we were with an awful organization.

Apr 28, 2014
The balls that U trip uses in eastern PA are Diamond Flyer 12bfp.
They have sharper raised threads.
DD loves them and I think it's a good idea to practice with the same ball she will throw on game day. I buy the used balls at the end of the tournaments for $1-$2 each. At the final tournament I bought 24 for a buck a peice!
Score!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
IDK, the brand of ball seems to change.

Just ask the TD for a ball, they will give you one.

Push comes to shove, it cannot be that much for a ball. The trick is to get it beat up a little bit hitting it.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
No idea, just told that she's not practicing with the right balls for pitching. She tells me they're "sharper?" Does that make sense? She plays 14U travel. New team we are BEYOND excited to be a part of. Last year we were with an awful organization.

Well when you find out the exact ball, let me know and I will be glad to get you a price on them. IF you can save a couple of bucks and buy the semi used ones for practice, that might work too. Personally I have about two dozen dream seams my daughter practice with. We only use them for pitching. We do not hit with them.

Apr 28, 2014
Two dozen. :)

What I am I doing wrong?

To be fair there were 29 teams playing so there were a lot of balls :D
I made friends with the U trip girl who worked the table.. last tourney I said "I've buying balls all year for $2.. give me a deal" :)
She said take what you want for $1 each!
I loaded up a 7 gallon bucket before the last word came out of her mouth :D

Jun 7, 2013
If you only need it for pitching then the cost isn't a big deal since you only need 1, 2 or 3 for an intermediate or higher pitcher and they last a long time when they aren't being hit around.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Every tournament they will have more than a few balls that are taken out because they are scuffed or have a minor cut. Usually TD's will give them away or sell them for next to nothing. Tell them that you are looking for some pitching balls and they will most likely take care of you.

On a related subject I cannot believe how many pitchers with ask the umpire for a different ball because of a cut or scuff. They need to understand those are the ones you want to throw!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06