Tough situation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
It sounds as though the administration (athletic director, principal, school board) did not have a good handle on the situation... and that is what these people are paid to do.

........or the players and assistant coaches that walked away had a plan that backfired. There are always two sides to each story. Don't be so quick to judge. Wait to see if the story actually unfolds.

Jun 1, 2013
Why would a coach/teacher be fired 9 days before season? Where is the school board in this? I can see leaving 1 assistant from the old regime to help with settling the girls but to keep 3 was a dumb idea in my opinion. The assistants could very well have stirred this pot, especially the one that thought he/she should have gotten the job..

Jun 24, 2013
I am interested about this whole thing and I wish the OP and DD best of luck.

OP stopped posting which was a great idea.

I heard they pulled some MS players up, no facts to support this. I know a few more facts but not enough to have an opinion.

There appears to be a lot going on and a lot of opinions. It doesn’t appear they are going to say much, which I agree with.

Apr 22, 2012
Quick update,

Lost 13 straight games, two of which were run ruled. A previous post talked about pulling up JV players, there are none all but 5 players in the program left. DD has been pitching very well and getting all the playing time she can handle, pitching for Varsity and then playing SS for JV. Overall there has been very little drama since the mass exidus.

As for the new players, they are overall new to softball or have not played for many years. We have had to start with very basic fundementals (how to throw, proper catching). They seem to be having fun learning and have had a very possitive attitude. There are tons of errors on defense and base running, but these girls have been thrown to the lions and overall have exceeded my expectations. They all want to be there, which is great.

The middle schools that feed into HS has a lot of talent that will be available next year. Things will get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g