top 3 videos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 28, 2009
Dragoncoach,

Check your "private messages".

xxxYerOut,
The late/great Ernie Parker? Has he passed? I think I have all the Maven Video DVDs. I'm not sure they would still be "Top Three" candidates, but I sure benefitted from them. The ones I have go back to the 90s, before affordable high speed video allowed those smarter than me to study and explain what is really occurring. I think Parker is still with us, and I will take this opportunity to thank him.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Dragoncoach,

Check your "private messages".

xxxYerOut,
The late/great Ernie Parker? Has he passed? I think I have all the Maven Video DVDs. I'm not sure they would still be "Top Three" candidates, but I sure benefitted from them. The ones I have go back to the 90s, before affordable high speed video allowed those smarter than me to study and explain what is really occurring. I think Parker is still with us, and I will take this opportunity to thank him.

Ernie Parker is still giving lessons in our area.

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
are the cheryl Kempf videos on the right track?

If the videos are of the same material she presented in her book "The Pitchers Edge", then IMO yes. Her explanations of the power line, posture, stride, etc are good. Her "hold the glass of water" on the way down on the backside of the windmill is IR Lite but much better than the hand on top of the ball style. Not a bad starting point.

Feb 3, 2010
Ernie Parker is still giving lessons in our area.

My mistake and very glad to hear he is still with us. I thought I had heard other a few years ago and thought we had lost a legend. We have also had his DVD series for quite a while (since before you could find just about whatever you were looking for on YouTube).

We have used his material for the drills and reinforcement on what has been taught more than anything and leave the teaching to the pros. Knowing more now than we did before, I am sure Mr Hillhouse has plenty of great information that your girls can benefit from.

DD was out of the circle for a little over a year and is back at it in HS and had no idea there were so many so willing to share their wealth of knowledge on this forum. It is great to be on an informative site without all the chest thumping about who has the best 10u team. (ha) Thank you all!.

Is Michelle Smith a figure 4 style instructor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01