Today is September 1st!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2016
This will be an exciting day for some 2018 players! I guess for the early commits it might not be as big a deal but for the others it should be fun to.get a few phone calls.

Jun 3, 2015
My daughter is a 2018 and has been contacted by quite a few D2 schools..She's been emailing a few D1's. If they were really interested in her, wouldn't we have already heard from them through her TB coach?

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
My daughter is a 2018 and has been contacted by quite a few D2 schools..She's been emailing a few D1's. If they were really interested in her, wouldn't we have already heard from them through her TB coach?

I don't think there is an answer to that question. Every coach has a different style and every player has a different recruiting experience. For my 2017, she knew coaches were interested, she had been to several camps, her TB coach had been in contact with the coaches, but we didn't know the level of interest. She was pleasantly surprised by who called on September 1st and I was kind of puzzled by who didn't call.

Feb 15, 2016

I think you are right that if they were really interested she would know that. She would most-likely have an offer if she was a plan A recruit. If she hears from a team or teams today it probably means they are interested and want to keep your daughter interested in them.

Jul 4, 2014
DD received 2 Recruiting Emails this morning. Both schools were ones where she'd written to in the past to introduce herself and completed their recruiting questionnaire. I get that if dd was their #1 recruit, we'd definitely have heard from them by now. But I'm curious, are these recruiting emails real interest (meaning DD is on their radar and that they want DD to continue being interested in them) or are the schools simply emailing everyone who's completed a recruiting questionnaire on their website?

Nov 18, 2013
DD received 2 Recruiting Emails this morning. Both schools were ones where she'd written to in the past to introduce herself and completed their recruiting questionnaire. I get that if dd was their #1 recruit, we'd definitely have heard from them by now. But I'm curious, are these recruiting emails real interest (meaning DD is on their radar and that they want DD to continue being interested in them) or are the schools simply emailing everyone who's completed a recruiting questionnaire on their website?

I started calling the coaches of schools DD received emails/letters inviting her to camps and asked about their interest. If they couldn’t tell me where they saw her or anything specific about what they liked I knew the camps weren’t worth attending.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207