Tis the season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
Hey DFP it is that time that try-outs have begun or been going on, with some many ads out there. Is there something written in those ads or the way a coach words things that make you just want to stay away and run for the hills. What are some of you best red flags you have come across?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd went to one tryout where the HC of the organization took some 10 girls to another field while the coach of the team kept the other 30 some odd players at a different field. You might find this stunning but those 10 girls made the team. LOL My dd was one but we ran fast when we saw how things were really done in that organization.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
When a player runs up to the coach and say, "Daddy, do I really have to pitch at the tryout? And, did you remember to bring my bat bag?"

Jun 12, 2015
I don't trust anything they say anymore, honestly. Some coaches will say anything to get players to commit. Not all, of course, but if they're strangers, how do I know? We've had 2 teams where things were not at all what we were told. Mostly they sound the same. Don't let distance be a factor, no daddy ball, all positions are earned. blah blah

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC