Timing out of wack

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
In the live batting practice your DD's mind set should be to swing/hit every ball pitched. Good or bad pitch. No thinking of yes or no only yes. Time the pitchers motion. Dance with the pitcher. Move/load when the pitcher moves. Then time the ball. Hit the ball where it is pitched. Change your DD's mind set.

Nov 21, 2013
Washington
VERY difficult due to the lack of timing.
One of my favorite drills is a modified front toss. I will get on one knee at about 15' away. (Behind a screen) At the same basic speed as front toss, I will perform a full windmill. This will help them to feel the rhythm of the stride/stretch. I say be moving out into you toe on the release and plant the heel when your ready to commit. This drill is the best way of simulating the speed and timing of facing a real pitcher. Im able to pitch for real to them at the end of every bp. I suggest you do too if possible. If you can't pitch at a comparable speed as her opponents then move up a bit. There is no gain in tossing up meatballs.

Thanks, I really do appreciate everyone's responses.

Nov 21, 2013
Washington
In the live batting practice your DD's mind set should be to swing/hit every ball pitched. Good or bad pitch. No thinking of yes or no only yes. Time the pitchers motion. Dance with the pitcher. Move/load when the pitcher moves. Then time the ball. Hit the ball where it is pitched. Change your DD's mind set.

I can't agree more.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
At the expense of my garage walls, recently I have been bouncing tennis balls and jugs lite flight balls to DD from a front toss position behind a net. Her goal is to load on the bounce. DD's feedback is she really likes that drill.

Just seen this:
2j0kodx.jpg

What you think?

May 21, 2013
I took my DD to a Tx A&M camp and one drill they used was swinging a wood bat and bouncing tennis balls from front toss.

Nov 21, 2013
Washington
We started using this drill at practice last week minus the wood bat, it was amazing how many girls struggled the first round or two but they eventually started making solid contact.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse