Tilt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
Staying away from anything in that video. Once the hips rotate and the bat turns the shoulder should tilt due to body position. If shoulders stays horizontal have to cast hands and drop bat to reach any pitch lower half of zone.
FWIW, my takeaway was his request to stop teaching tilt as a standalone element of the swing. He wasn't saying don't tilt, just that the body will tilt naturally as a function of having barrel on plane. /shrug

Oct 2, 2017
FWIW, my takeaway was his request to stop teaching tilt as a standalone element of the swing. He wasn't saying don't tilt, just that the body will tilt naturally as a function of having barrel on plane. /shrug

I posted that video for the OP to view at the 4 min mark as a simple visual to what is referred to as tilt. . As far as tilt is concerned, I know some view it as a no teach, in that the body will naturally do it in response to getting to launch properly followed by proper hand and barrel path. Some view it as something that has to be taught.

Jun 24, 2016
Yup, just wanted a simple visual which is what I got! I didn’t want to mix tilt up with a lean back. So what I’m simply supposed to take away with that visual is that the angle of the shoulders should match the angle of the barrel?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
What do you guys think about the top down approach. It basically says look for pitch up in the zone and load into your tilt as an adjustment to pitch location. Think Mike Trout.

Oct 16, 2008
SE Michigan
Backspin can help if the wind is blowing out but backspin hurts if wind is blowing in. Tilt to make solid contact more often....not to create backspin.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Gerry and I are good friends. He is a great guy and knows hitting. Thanks for the video though, to be honest, it is hard for me to watch it on a personal level.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06