Time for a new glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2022
9 yo almost 10 daughter has been playing catcher quite a bit and using her fielding glove which I think is a little on the small side ( 11 ") . She says she likes playing that position so is it time to step up to a designated catchers mitt or just get her a larger fielding glove? Thanks in advance, Chris

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is a fine age to get a catcher's mitt. Probably no bigger than 33", and pay attention to weight. Too heavy makes it slow to move. Don't spend a lot of a high-quality mitt until she is catching 12" balls, and has the strength to handle a well-built 34".

Oct 19, 2017
9 yo almost 10 daughter has been playing catcher quite a bit and using her fielding glove which I think is a little on the small side ( 11 ") . She says she likes playing that position so is it time to step up to a designated catchers mitt or just get her a larger fielding glove? Thanks in advance, Chris
My 10U DD uses this one. It’s not heavy, was easy to break in and should last her another season. She can handle pitches under 45mph without any issues but above that, I recommend a better mitt with better padding. I am considering picking up a Vinci Fortus soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28