Throwing warm up?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
If your pitchers are taking lessons, they should already have been taught a warm up routine... so let them do what their pitching coach is teaching them... If their coach is teaching wrist flips... let em do the wrist flips...

Sep 17, 2009
Most 'B' teams work just as long/hard hours as 'A' teams. Yes they generally start out with more talent, but not always. What accounts for the difference is that most 'A' teams will burn in good mechanics and most 'B' teams will burn in bad mechanics -- same exact amount of work accounted for, just doing the wrong stuff.

Go watch the average 'B' team play catch and the throw AND the catch will almost always display absolutely cringey mechanics. It's a shame.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
If your pitchers are taking lessons, they should already have been taught a warm up routine... so let them do what their pitching coach is teaching them... If their coach is teaching wrist flips... let em do the wrist flips...
First, we are not talking about pitching in this thread. Second, I would not be doing my girls a good service if I continued to let the throw OR pitch with bad mechanics that could either slow down their growth as a player or potentially cause them to injure themselves. Just MY humble opinion .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying