Throwing Batting Practice.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2015
I did this all the time expect that I was about 20-25 feet away. I had better control and could put the ball where I wanted it. In a cage, I would move the plate approx. 50' from the back of the net. This way collecting the balls was faster. Front toss trains the batter better than anything. This is why major leaguers still do it at batting practice. During nationals one year, I estimated that I threw over 5000 pitches in a 6 day period.

5000..... just think about that for a moment man, you most likely threw near 1000 and even then you're arm would be completely dead. You would have aches all in your arm from that much and it wouldn't go away for a week.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
5000/10 players = 500 per player over 6 days is 83.3 per day. If you had 2 games a day, that works out to about 40 some odd pitchers per player per game per day, assuming 2 games a day. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me ...

I like to get about 25 feet away for front toss. As was said earlier I have much more control at that distance :) I have no problem throwing 30 plus balls for 11-12 players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi