Throw Max?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
My DD has begun to drop her elbow when she throws. She's aware of it, but will still drop it now and then. Does anyone have any experience with the Throw Max training aid? I'm thinking my DD can use it to get the muscle memory back to where it needs to be.

Jun 21, 2010
I'd like to know too. Yesterday playing catch DD dropped her elbow more than just a few times. This was a problem she's had since starting softball. Funny thing though--she throws pretty hard and far with a dropped elbow.

Don

Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
We bought one a few years ago and it worked pretty well. About once a year, when I see bad habits coming back, she'll get it out and spend a few hours throwing with it (over the course of a week), and it will usually straighten her out. I always have to get the instructions out to make sure she's putting it on the right way, because it is very easy to put on wrong.

Apr 26, 2009
My experience with Throw Max

I bought the ThrowMax when my daughter was 10. Ugliest form you ever saw. I saw improvement because she couldn't lead with her elbow, and then I could start working on all the other pieces of her delivery.

I also used it as she was/is learning to pitch, because she can't bend her elbow at the release point and cup the ball; forces her to spin the ball instead of throwing it.

I still have both my girls (13 yr. old twins) spend 10 to 15% of their practice throws wearing it, just to remind them of their slot. When they roll their eyes, I remind them that their pitching and throwing was the difference between making and not making the rep team this year.

I would recommend this product, and if I had the funds, would buy 4 or 5 more, as there are other players on our team who still have poor throwing mechanics.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Vaughn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi