The title race is heating up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
and no I have never thrown a water bottle at a kid or anybody else despite the (perhaps deservedly so) misinterpretation of an umpire a number of years ago..

Oct 4, 2018
We have some community moms who go on and on and on about how awesome their 8U travel softball daughters are. We had a few come workout with our team - could barely catch a ball.

*shrug*

If I had a 4 year old daughter and know what I know now having a 16U and 12U player, what would I do? I'd probably join an 8U travel team. :p

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We have some community moms who go on and on and on about how awesome their 8U travel softball daughters are. We had a few come workout with our team - could barely catch a ball.

*shrug*

If I had a 4 year old daughter and know what I know now having a 16U and 12U player, what would I do? I'd probably join an 8U travel team. :p
Knowing what I know now...I would have pushed harder for golf.

Oct 4, 2018
Knowing what I know now...I would have pushed harder for golf.

I wonder how the costs stack up. While we all know golf isn't cheap, I was able to do it very inexpensively as a kid by utilizing all the Junior Golf discounts and working at a country club.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I wonder how the costs stack up. While we all know golf isn't cheap, I was able to do it very inexpensively as a kid by utilizing all the Junior Golf discounts and working at a country club.
It would mean that I would be carrying a 4 Handicap today and it would cost me twice as much to play b/c DD would be with me. I think you need to belong to a club in order to get unlimited golf and range time. Those numbers could vary dependent on the club. Around HTX there choices, but they are high falootin' expensive.

Golf a single person sport that requires you to play against the course instead of team work vs an opponent. DD thrives in the team setting and golf might make her a head case.

The other difference, you can make money with a career in golf if you go pro. Softball not so much.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It would mean that I would be carrying a 4 Handicap today and it would cost me twice as much to play b/c DD would be with me. I think you need to belong to a club in order to get unlimited golf and range time. Those numbers could vary dependent on the club. Around HTX there choices, but they are high falootin' expensive.

Golf a single person sport that requires you to play against the course instead of team work vs an opponent. DD thrives in the team setting and golf might make her a head case.

The other difference, you can make money with a career in golf if you go pro. Softball not so much.
I coached a girl in LL and for one year in TB who got a full scholarship to the University of Maryland from the Country Club she caddied for the last several years. She quit softball around 9th grade and went into caddying instead because her dad ran a virtual golf driving range.

Clearly, she made the right choice for her.

Jun 7, 2016
Lol..Roberto Clemente couldn’t have reached the umpire from where I was standing (in the parking lot 20 feet behind LF)
Need a poll of how many know who RC was? I am thinking that the demographics here are trending against better than 15% name recognition.