The Recruiting Process ...2015 DD Verbals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

18GoldDad

Livin the Dream!!!
May 13, 2012
Left Coast
RB,

Is this a D2 school your dealing with ? I would think if your DD has had multiple discussions with this coach that the school has some type interest in her. The filling out of the financial and personal information could be one of the first steps towards an offer. It could be that they're going to crunch the numbers, look at your finances and come up with some sort of package to offer your daughter. The offer could also include a percentage of athletic and academic money, it's difficult to tell at this point.

Next time you DD speaks to the coach she might want to ask: on your list of potential 2014 recruits that play my position, where am I on that list? I think it would be best for your DD ask the questions of the coach. My wife and I accompanied our DD on four unofficial visits/camps (2 DI and 2 DII) when asked by the coaches if we had any questions DD took the lead. My wife and I didn't ask questions until one of the coaches asked us parents if we had any questions.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the timing of the offer did surprise us. I know how your felling and what your going through. It can be a very exciting time and it can also be very stressful, don't let the process consume you. I know it's easier said than done my friend, but try to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I would suggest that your DD keep sending email updates and speaking to her schools of interest. Continue to work her tail off in the classroom and on the field and get ready for this summer.

Remain positive, eventual everything will fall into place.

Dec 7, 2011
RB,

Is this a D2 school your dealing with ? I would think if your DD has had multiple discussions with this coach that the school has some type interest in her. The filling out of the financial and personal information could be one of the first steps towards an offer. It could be that they're going to crunch the numbers, look at your finances and come up with some sort of package to offer your daughter. The offer could also include a percentage of athletic and academic money, it's difficult to tell at this point.

Next time you DD speaks to the coach she might want to ask: on your list of potential 2014 recruits that play my position, where am I on that list? I think it would be best for your DD ask the questions of the coach. My wife and I accompanied our DD on four unofficial visits/camps (2 DI and 2 DII) when asked by the coaches if we had any questions DD took the lead. My wife and I didn't ask questions until one of the coaches asked us parents if we had any questions.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the timing of the offer did surprise us. I know how your felling and what your going through. It can be a very exciting time and it can also be very stressful, don't let the process consume you. I know it's easier said than done my friend, but try to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I would suggest that your DD keep sending email updates and speaking to her schools of interest. Continue to work her tail off in the classroom and on the field and get ready for this summer.

Remain positive, eventual everything will fall into place.

Awesome feedback - thanks so much for your experience!

This mid-D1 opportunity sort of came out of nowhere for us but after an unofficial visit man everything just feels so right.

Good idea on having DD ask about where she is on their list. They talk enough that there should be more than enough opportunity and they should be at a point where that could be asked.

Man i just wish i knew where they were at. Do ya think schools take a break on recruiting from Feb through the end of their season?????

18GoldDad

Livin the Dream!!!
May 13, 2012
Left Coast

This mid-D1 opportunity sort of came out of nowhere for us but after an unofficial visit man everything just feels so right.

Good idea on having DD ask about where she is on their list. They talk enough that there should be more than enough opportunity and they should be at a point where that could be asked.

Man i just wish i knew where they were at. Do ya think schools take a break on recruiting from Feb through the end of their season?????

RB,

Honestly I think most Schools during this time of year are pretty much focusing on the start of their season. Last weekend my DD's team played in a Showcases out her in So Cal and there were only a handful of schools that showed up. The best thing to do this time of year is to send emails and keep the schools updated with what's gong on with your DD.

Dec 20, 2012

We scrimmaged a younger team, 2016/17's, this past weekend(4/28). There were 2 Florida State "scouts" coming to watch an 8th and 9th grader on their team. I did not recognize either one so I don't think it was Wilson or Snider. FSU was playing Georgia Tech that weekend, so I'm sure all coaches were at the game. It really suprised me to see anyone at this time of the year, especially flying half way across the country to see a couple of players. I'm sure there was more to there trip than 2 girls, but still suprising.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez