That's Life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Here in the South, alcohol and softball don't mix. The rednecks are already quite riled up and quick to argue.
lol, originally from the North, lived out West for decades and recently had a couple nice cold barley pops in the South while watching games all day. Might have been quick to argue before quenching my thirst. I do get your point though and have definitely witnessed the fuel on the flame phenomena!

Dec 19, 2021
Team is off to a rough start.

Softball is a great place for hardships (as opposed to reality... jobs, relationships, school, etc).

Ironically the kid is actually figuring it out on the softball field :)
In a similar situation with DD2. Good coaches, but much of the team should still be in 10u instead of 12u and it shows. Still, they are growing in all aspects and most of them have time to figure it out.

Hardship like that really ends up revealing who the kids are. Do they increase the effort and focus, or do they get all mopey and ramp up the excuses? The tough get tougher as they say, and with the right coaching and parenting, many kids can find something within themselves they didn't know was there. I hope the journey leads to good things for your DD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid